State Leadership Conference for Chapter Leaders is the second leadership conference offered for Minnesota FFA members. It is a five day conference that focuses on the member’s ability to serve on the chapter level. Aspects of leadership and personal growth are also covered. This conference is designed primarily for high school sophomore and juniors.
- Assess teamwork and accountability practices
- Define appropriate etiquette for telephone use, dining and travel
- Practice communication Skills (speaking, listening, delivering presentations)
- Identify service learning within their communities
- Evaluate time management and organizational methods
- Identify FFA opportunities on the state and national levels
- Define roles of a chapter officer
- Participate in a chapter exchange of ideas
The camp is held in Hackensack, MN, at the Deep Portage Conservation Reserve. Much time is spent meeting new friends and developing relationships with the state officer team. If you have any questions about this camp, feel free to talk to Mrs. Mortenson or Mr. Wulf. Registration is due in May!